Causes of overheating car engine can disturb each owner. This may contribute to increased air temperature in the summer time, permanent residence in traffic jams on the roads. As a result, a spoiled holiday or a serious car crash.
Inexperienced drivers or those who for the first time encountered such a breakdown would be difficult to determine the cause of the problem. However, some indicators allow diagnosing the real problem with the vehicle.
Overheating of the engine, it should be noted, is not such a harmless problem and can easily cause such damage that a serious engine repairs required will inevitably, and it may happen that you cannot recover the motor.
- To detect motor overheating possible by sound of the engine, or detonation, when you press the accelerator.
- Symptom occurrence steam in the engine compartment – this apparent motor overheating. This will stop the car just needed to cool the engine a little.
Reasons Motor Overheating
It must be remembered that any kind of damage does not tolerate neglect of themselves, because the consequences are themselves different and very disappointing, and for the car and for its owner. Correctly diagnose the root cause of the overheating initially, can then avoid a repetition of this failure. The most frequent causes of engine overheating are:
- Streaming antifreeze – which means that the cooling system is leaking, that is, somewhere there is a leakage of coolant. Perhaps this is due to cracked hoses can become critical to be wear on the pump seals may drip thermostat and so on.
- Dirty radiator, it must be cleaned regularly from various garbage, leaves, scale from the water. All this can be done in STO.
- Faulty cooling system pump also becomes a serious problem if the coolant circulates in the system is bad.
- Damage to the cooling fan also reduces the efficiency of the cooling system and in hot weather can easily cause overheating.
In the event of overheating, the driver needs to know what to do and what not to.
What To Do In Case Of Overheating Of The Motor?
- Stop and switch off the engine. Place the warning triangle and include the relevant lights on the car.
- Open the hood; wait for it to cool down.
- It is necessary to make inspection and to identify whether there is leakage, if all goes well, after decompression can add antifreeze to the system.
- When the engine has cooled, you can start it. If the machine is still hot, it is necessary to urgently call the tow truck and keep the car on diagnosis. If the temperature rises slowly, it is possible to independently get to the service station for the emergency repair of the machine.
- Please be aware that the apparent overheating of the motor travel should be discontinued. In addition, do not troubleshoot on their own, because as a consequence, in the absence of proper qualifications, can be negative.
Watch this video to learn more about reasons of engine overheating: